Header Ads

test

Andy Ruiz mocks Anthony Joshua by wearing New York Knicks jersey to


Andy Ruiz Jr started the mind games with Anthony Joshua by turning
up to the final press conference in a New York Knicks jersey.

The WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion was given the shirt
before he shocked the world by stopping Brit star Joshua in the
seventh round on June 1.

The fight was staged at the iconic Madison Square Garden which is
also home to NBA giants New York Knicks.
Ruiz has kept the shirt and he wore it as he faced off with the Watford
warrior for the final time before Saturday’s rematch in Saudi Arabia.

He said: “I'm happy people noticed the jersey I wore.

“It means a lot to me because that's where I got the first victory on
June 1 and that's why I brought it.

“I wore it to remind myself 'I'm the champ', I won June 1 and that's
exactly what we're going to do on December 7.

“Seeing the jersey reminds him as well, you could call it a mind game
but I did it for myself mainly.”
Meanwhile, Ruiz Jr has been backed not to make the same mistake
Hasim Rahman did against Lennox Lewis .

No comments